[ EASY NAVIGATION of this Web Site: to go to my BLOG, and my other pages click on the TOGGLE icon at the top-left of this page, just to the left of the ELLY FROM EARTH, POET title ]
I am a poe I live in Prince Edward Island, Canada. The prize for winning the Doire Press Second Annual International Poetry Chapbook Contest (2013) was the publication of my first poetry collection, The Invisible Girl which is available to order directly from me. It’s been a wonderful experience working with the great folks at Doire Press.
The Invisible Girl and my author’s page are also on Goodreads. Become my friend at Goodreads so we can share reading lists, and if you’ve read my chapbook — please consider adding your rating and comments. Thank you.
Over the last few years, my poems have also found other homes online & in print:
- Abegail Morley’s The Poetry Shed – “Suicide Prevention Day” theme
- Abegail Morley’s The Poetry Shed – “shed” theme
- Abegail Morley’s The Poetry Shed – review of The Invisible Girl by Carolina Read
- Abegail Morley’s The Poetry Shed – featured poet
- Abegail Morley’s The Poetry Shed – winter theme
- Alice Anthology -Exphrasis at the British Museum (2016)
- ARAS Connections: Image and Archetype (Poetry Portal)
- Book of Sand -art from poetry – poetry from art (Karen Dennison, editor & publisher, 2014) NOTE: this link takes you to Karen’s site where you can learn more about the ongoing project, order a copy of this first pamphlet and maybe even get involved in future editions.
- Bridgewatcher and Other Poems anthology 2014, edited by Mandy Pannett (available to buy paperback or kindle – from SPM Publications or Amazon) & supporting The Psychiatry Research Trust . Organized by Excel for Charity.
- Deseeded #2 2012 Ed. Degna Stone – theme “time”
- Deseeded #3 May 2015 – My poem includes an audio link; Editor, Degna Stone – anthology dedicated to memory of Julia Darling
- Doire Press 2013 International Fiction & Poetry Chapbook Competition Anthology
- Ink, Sweat & Tears
- ISLAND POEMS: A Collaborative Art Project
- Josephine Corcoran’s And Other Poems – Year of the Horse theme
- Josephine Corcoran’s And Other Poems – summer holiday theme
- Liz Venn’s web site — my poem “Osmosis”
- Mary Evans Picture Library – my poem in response to an image – “The Night After Listening To A Psychology Podcast About Alternate Strategies For Working With Dreams”
- Not Only The Dark – Word Aid Anthology
- Paper Swans Press Competition – I had the June 2o15 Winning Poem with “Cliché” and at Robin Houghton’s blog you can see a photo of the postcard that made it to the 2015 Poetry Book Fair 🙂
- Poets Online – a ronka, Feb 2014 Archive
- Prince Edward Island Poet Laureate – Community Web Site
- Poetry In Transit (where an art student responded to my poem)
- Rebecca Gethin’s Blog – a post about The Invisible Girl & a poem.
- Rebecca Gethin’s Blog – featured writer
- See Into The Dark – Slim Volume Series (Pankhurst, 2016)
- Second Light Live Member’s Page – includes a poem
- The New Writer – I’ve had poems in 2 issues & received an honourable mention in the 2012 The New Writer Single Poem Competition
- Todd Swift’s Eyewear Blog
- What the Dickens? Magazine
And I’ve written book reviews here & elsewhere:
- A Marzipan Factory at Galatea Resurrects #20
- Paper Craft by and a LA-Lit Podcast archived at PennSound with Catherine Daly at Galatea Resurrects #26
- Nobbs on Moore at Eyewear
- Nobbs on Deane at Eyewear
- The Light Knows Tricks by Jo Hemmant at The Poetry Shed – also linked to at Doire Press
- Handprints by Valerie Morton at The Poetry Shed
And guest appearance here:
- Audio recording of me reading a poem by Emer Gillespie.